Oh my goodness, you guys. I don’t even know where to begin. It’s been so long!
So a little over one month ago, I finished my first semester back to school. I’m now officially on “summer break” (I guess people who work full-time jobs can still call it that?). How have I been enjoying my summer so far?
1. Lots and lots of sleeping. I mean, so much sleeping.
2. Watching Scandal on Netflix. I kept hearing good things about this show and randomly turned it on one Saturday afternoon. I am now addicted to it. Last night I told one of my roommates, “I want to do lots of things in my life, but in my heart of hearts, I just want to lay on the couch and watch Scandal.”
3. Girls’ brunch at our home.
4. Yoga. This is really the only fitness-y thing that’s appealed to me for the last few months. And I just got a Groupon to a local studio, so I’m planning to add more.
5. This album on repeat. This is going to be my summer album (2 years after it released, I know).
6. Going to the farmers’ market.
Where my friend at The Savory Bakery was selling some amazing cookies.
7. Reading Gone Girl. (The movie is coming out this fall and I have high hopes for it.)
8. Becoming a plant mama.
9. Eating all the almond butter. (Like, going through jars in less than a week—which is why I need to start running more frequently.)
10. Occasionally getting this one out of the house.
This was taken after we went on our first jog together. She didn’t hate it!
When I started typing this post, I was thinking my summer was kind of…disappointing so far? But now that I’m looking over this list, it sounds pretty lovely. One of the goals I’m setting for myself over the next few months is to write on here more (along with run more and eat almond butter less), so I’m hoping that will keep the fun coming. We’ll see!