Happy Friday everyone! For my top 5 today, I thought I’d catch you all up on what’s been going on around here lately.
1. I shot a gun. My friend Megan and her brother go to the shooting range quite a bit, and they very kindly invited me to tag along so I could practice for the inevitable zombie apocalypse. My takeaways: It’s loud and extremely hard to shoot something in the head. But it was really fun, except that I was a nervous wreck the whole time and refused to touch the gun except to shoot it.
2. In preparation for vacation, I’ve been working out like a crazy person. I usually try to stay active on vacation, and Kristyn and I are planning on going to a yoga class and hiking, and I also am going to try to go for a quick jog a couple days. But we’ll also be eating a lot of food, so I’m trying to offset that this week. 🙂
3. Dora being adorable. Since it’s getting cold out (!), she been so cute and snuggly. I’m going to miss her so much while I’m gone. Anytime I have to leave her somewhere, even if it’s for a couple hours while she gets groomed, it absolutely breaks my heart. I’m already telling her about how I’ll be home soon!
4. Crossing stuff off my fall to-do list. On Saturday I spent 6 glorious hours on my couch watching this BBC version of Pride & Prejudice (starring a dashing young Colin Firth). I had Earl Grey tea and thumbprint cookies and it was the best day.
5. This incredible pumpkin spice puppy chow. I found this recipe on Julie’s blog about a year ago and have been wanting to make it ever since. I whipped up a batch on Saturday to take to a friend’s party and it was a hit. Also I OD’d on leftover Biscoff Monday night and threw the rest away. Be warned.
There you have it—it’s been a nice couple weeks! Have a great weekend!